Thursday, April 9, 2009

Good Friday?

P.S. I really am going to try to be better about blogging more.

Elliot has been very funny lately. It's amazing the kind of stuff that 3 1/2 year olds are capable of understanding, or at least trying to wrap their little heads around.
Lately, of course, the big questions revolve around Easter. It's a really tough thing for me to get my head around. Jesus died on the cross, was dead three days, rose again and ascended into heaven. The whole Trinity thing.
Elliot asks the BEST questions! It's just amazing to me. It's a bit intimidating to answer such big questions. Especially when I think some of them (theologically) are hard to understand! But we've had some great conversations lately.
The other day I was explaining Holy Week to him. I told him about Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday... I told him Good Friday is when Jesus died on the cross. He said, "that's BAD Friday". I can't tell you how many times I've thought that myself! But then I explained that it's GOOD because Jesus died on the cross so that we could all be in Heaven with Him someday! Jesus wanted to make it as easy as possible for us to get to Heaven so that we could all be there with him someday. That's how much he loves us! Wow.
Anyway, my point is that Elliot is (and maybe most 3 1/2 year olds are) really cool.
My other (admittedly, more important) point is Jesus is really cool, too!
Happy Easter everybody!
Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments: